Define the way you play your game
Heart of the Frontier Slots
Welcome to the Old West! Heart of the Frontier Slots invites you to tie your horse to the hitching post and stride through the saloon doors to find a poker game in full swing. Just don't try and cheat or you could find yourself shot full of holes by someone's six gun!
The theming of this game puts the player into a classic Western, with five wheels on high stakes fun adorned with all the symbols of an American frontier town. The basic symbols are hard worn playing cards from the backroom of a tough saloon. Higher value symbols include sheriff's badges, horseshoes, cowboys, and Native Americans. An interesting spin on the genre you find when you play Heart of the Frontier slots sees all these roles taken by women - maybe not true to the realities of the Old West but certainly a refreshing spin on the tropes of cowboy films.
The wild symbols are part of running battle between the forces of law and order and marauding outlaws! The Sheriff and Outlaw take up the full reel when they appear and lock in place, helping to bump up your score, even before any bonus modes are activated.
If you manage to lock a Sheriff and an Outlaw in place at the same time, they engage in an old fashioned shoot out - and for you this means free spins! The Shootout bonus feature gives you five free spins with any additional wilds to appear locked in place for the duration, which gives you the chance to win big jackpots when you play Heart of the Frontier Slots online.
It's a game that's very focussed on the user experience: before the game launches it shows you an explanation of its expanding wild symbols and minigames, so when you start spinning the reels you know exactly what you're doing. You have a tunable autoplay feature, so can set it play for a certain number of spins or pause when you get to a feature play and need fine control.
You can play Heart of the Frontier Online at your PC, on your phone and on your tablet, so always have a doorway to your favourite saloon open to you!
How to Play
- The game is always played with 20 active paylines. The number of active paylines is fixed and cannot be changed by the player.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- The total bet per game round is chosen by clicking the + and - buttons under Total Bet to increase or decrease the amount.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the currently selected bet. During the reel spin the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Autoplay function. Mouse over the Autoplay button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically. Clicking on an option starts the Autoplay function. The Autoplay mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when you click Stop Autoplay.
- Reels can also be spun using the Autoplay function. Note that you must first set the Autoplay limitations. Mouse over the Autoplay button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically. Clicking on an option starts the Autoplay function. The Autoplay mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when you click Stop Autoplay.
- Reels can also be spun using the Autoplay function. Mouse over the Autoplay button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically or choose Until Feature to spin until Showdown Free Games feature is triggered. Clicking on an option starts the Autoplay function. The Autoplay mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined, when Showdown Free Games feature is triggered if you chose Until Feature, or when you click Stop Autoplay.
- Clicking the Turbo Mode button switches on Turbo Mode thus turning off some of the win animations and sounds, and making the reels spin faster. When Turbo Mode is active, the button changes to Turbo Mode On. Clicking Turbo Mode On ends Turbo Mode and resumes the normal game.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- Only the highest payline winning combination pays on any given payline. Simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulated winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screens describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigation between the different info screens.
- You can also change the current info screen by clicking on the section names above it. To navigate between screens of the same section, click either the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen, or the dots under the section name.
- The Payouts screens describe the behaviour of the Wild symbol and show all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Expanding Wilds screen describes the behaviour of the Sheriff Wild and the Bandit Wild symbols, and explains how the Showdown Free Games feature is triggered.
- The Showdown Free Games screen explains how this feature works.
- The Paylines screen illustrates all possible payline combinations and explains the payout rules in the game.
- Clicking Reels exits the Info screens and returns to the game.
- Active paylines are represented by lines that appear over the reels as illustrated in the Paylines screen of the Info page.
- Only active paylines can register wins.
- All winning combinations must be consecutive and must start from the leftmost reel.
- There is a difference between the line bet and the total bet. The line bet is how much is being bet on a single payline. The total bet is how much is being bet in total on the game round. Payouts shown in the paytable are multiplied by the line bet.
- Payouts are listed on the Payouts screens. To find the win amount, the line bet must be multiplied by the corresponding symbol payout for the number of symbols involved in the win.
- If two or more payline winning combinations occur on the same line, the highest of them is paid out. If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations can only be on an active payline, must start from the leftmost reel and the symbols have to be consecutive.
- A trio of gorgeous ladies only appear as 3-symbol high stacks on the reels, during both the main game and the Showdown Free Games feature. Each reel position covered by a stacked symbol counts and pays according to the payout of the respective symbol if participating in a winning combination.
- There are 3 Wild symbols in the game.
- The Frontier Logo symbol can stand for any other symbol, except for the Sheriff and Bandit symbols, to make the best possible winning combination.
- Sheriff and Bandit symbols can stand for any other symbol to make the best possible winning combination.
- There is also a separate payout for 3 or more Wild symbols on an active payline, as seen in the Paytable. This is paid out instead of the regular symbol win if the win amount from Wild is larger than the win from the regular symbols (by Wild standing in).
- Sheriff and Bandit symbols expand to fill any reel they land on with 3-symbol high stacks of Wild symbols. These stacks of Wild symbols remain on the reels when the reels are spun again, shifting their positions, as follows:
- Stacks of Sheriff symbols move 1 reel to the right at the start of each spin, filling that reel with Wild symbols for the results of that spin.
- Stacks of Bandit symbols move 1 reel to the left at the start of each spin, filling that reel with Wild symbols for the results of that spin.
- Once a stack of Sheriff symbols moves from reel 5, it disappears from the reels.
- Once a stack of Bandit symbols moves from reel 1, it disappears from the reels.
- If during a main game spin at least 1 stack of Sheriff symbols and at least 1 stack of Bandit symbols are simultaneously on the reels, the Showdown Free Games feature is triggered.
- Changing the total bet will remove any Sheriff and Bandit stacks on the reels.
Showdown Free Games
- If during a main game spin at least 1 stack of Sherrif symbols and at least 1 stack of Bandit symbols are simultaneously on the reels, the Showdown Free Games feature is triggered.
- Click the Start button on the pop-up to begin the Free Games round.
- All stacks of Sheriff and Banditsymbols that appeared on the reels during the triggering spin remain locked in their positions for the duration of Showdown Free Games. Additionally, if during Showdown Free Games more Sheriff or Bandit symbols land on the reels they will also expand and remain locked in their positions for all remaining Free Games.
- During Free Games, the reels are spun automatically 5 times using the same line bet as on the spin that triggered the feature. After each spin, the win amount is displayed in the Win field. The accumulated Free Games win amount is shown in the Total Win field. The Free Games Remaining field shows the remaining spins until the end of the Free Games round.
- After all Free Games have been completed, a result board shows the Free Games round winnings.
- Clicking the OK on the result board will commence the Showdown.
- A Showdown animation is played, leaving only one stack of Wild symbols on the reels, and activating the win ticker. Clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize. Free Games wins are added to the payline wins.
- On the next main game spin, the stack of Wild symbols that remained on the reels after the Showdown animation will shift its position.
- If the Showdown Free Games feature was triggered during Autoplay mode then the Showdown Free Games feature will begin after you click Start. When all Free Games have been played and you click OK on the result board, the Showdown commences and the Autoplay mode resumes. When all Free Games have been played and you click OK on the result board, the Showdown commences and the Autoplay mode resumes, or ends if you activated it by selecting Until Feature. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
- Showdown Free Games cannot be retriggered.
Auto Play Options (where applicable)
- Stake Value - Choose a stake per line.
- Number Of Lines - Select the number of lines.
- Number Of Successive Spins - Select the number of spins to be played automatically.
- Loss Limit - This option stops the Auto Play session when your starting balance has been reduced by the initial amount selected.
- Single Win Limit - This option stops the Auto Play session when a single win amount that is greater than the amount selected is generated during any spin as part of the current session.
- Jackpot Win - This option is available only for progressive games and stops the Auto Play session when a Jackpot Win is triggered during any spin as part of the current session.
- The Auto Play session ends when any of the above configured options are met, or you choose to end the session by clicking Stop. This can be done at any time during Auto Play regardless of how many spins were selected, or are remaining.
The long-term, expected Return to Player is 96.06%.